Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

One of the vids had a monster that I can only describe as a Slime Death Star. That is far more awesome than Slimes have any right to be. It's nice to see more giants, given they can now have a partner (1 frame only), though I hope they're not forgetting about 2 frame monsters. I also still want to see Gisvarg from Caravan Heart, and the four Illusions.

One of the vids had a monster that I can only describe as a Slime Death Star. That is far more awesome than Slimes have any right to be. It's nice to see more giants, given they can now have a partner (1 frame only), though I hope they're not forgetting about 2 frame monsters. I also still want to see Gisvarg from Caravan Heart, and the four Illusions.

Well, there was already retty awesome Slimes in Pro (The Slider UltraSlime Girl, Killer Sat Slime, Liquid Metal King Slime, at least)

Let's hope these monsters are as cool as their look.

And 'm all for more slimes and Caravan Heart monsters.

For thje trailer earlier, I hadthe feeling that Size 3 monsters could be obtained before fininishing the game.

If that's the case it would be pretty good.

It would make it nice if giants could be obtained before the end, but I'm fine with waiting if I have to.

Edited by Democrobot

new scan.

=o

dragon_quest_monsters_wonderland_3d_scan-1.jpg

dat king of Great Log.

I'm curious to see what that new misty blue area is.

Pretty sure it's connected to the artwork of those mysterious shadowy figures in the bottom right corner.

It also looks like those two kings are gonna play a larger role in the story. Possibly supporting/ comic relief (at least in the case of the Dead Tree king) characters?

So you go to Great Log in this huh? I wonder if that bastard son, Prince Kameha, is gonna be in this too.

I dont remember seeing the great log king looking good, he was fat in the gameboy version..lol..

U guys still remember the last arena battle with the monster master tamer? Hopefully they will change or increase the difficulty of his monsters a bit ,goldslime/rosevine /divinegon seems to be a common combination.

Btw, anyone know where i can preorder this online?

The scan has been translated, albeit super vague thanks to the Japanese names...

=p

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/21/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-3d-new-story-starts-after-the-game-ends/

So yeah, it's just what I assumed it was going to be, a postgame adventure.

Um, so it looks like you go to the kingdom of... Malta to find a spectacular piece of meat. On the way the party gets sidetracked because of an "ominous star". Makes sense givin the game's subject matter and the Starry Night Tournament I guess.

O_o

Soooo any guesses on what Malta is? I can't tell if it's a supposed to be a new place or if Malta is just the Japanese name of Greatlog.

Unfortunately I never played the second DWM game so I'm lost.

xD

Although the place doesn't look tropical enough to be Greatlog, those two kings are refered to as "King of Corbi" and the "King of Malta", and they're clearly the kings of Dead Tree and Greatlog. So who knows.

Soooo any guesses on what Malta is? I can't tell if it's a supposed to be a new place or if Malta is just the Japanese name of Greatlog.

Unfortunately I never played the second DWM game so I'm lost.

xD

well they(the website) say that it's a referance to "the second Dragon warrior monsters game" So I suppose it is Greatlog. And if you can go to Greatlog, it's possible the Gorago may finally return.

This is confusing. So, DWM2 is making some sort of cameo in DQM:TW3D?

The appearance of GreatTree has undergone some big changes from what's been seen, so it can probably be assumed that GreatLog will have undergone similar changes if you can actually go there. One of the pictures shown looks like a town road with buildings at the side, and I can imagine that being part of GreatLog since, unlike GreatTree, not all of the establishments were on the tree but around it, on the island the palm tree was situated on. It does look pretty foggy, though, and there's a silvapithecus sort've chilling out in the open, so maybe something's up? It's entirely possible that it's just part of an area that is accessed in the post-game, and might not even be a part of GreatLog. Speculation, yo.

I do like the sounds of it, though, the post-game material. Maybe this will be how they fit in more cameo battles from the titles after VI? If they might do that?

I dont remember seeing the great log king looking good, he was fat in the gameboy version..lol..

U guys still remember the last arena battle with the monster master tamer? Hopefully they will change or increase the difficulty of his monsters a bit ,goldslime/rosevine /divinegon seems to be a common combination.

Btw, anyone know where i can preorder this online?

I think someone (Cesar, maybe?) made the notion earlier that the King of GreatLog probably underwent a design change so he'd look more like the king of a tropical realm (I don't think GreatLog was really fleshed out that much until DQM2, all we really knew about it before was that its guardian, Warubou, was kind've nasty and its king was a jerk). As for MMT's team, I don't think the old set up would work anymore, because I think all three of those monsters are size 2 now :P So one would have to be removed, or his team would be entirely changed. Given their recent ranking and strength, I can see him sticking with gem slime and xenlon. Hopes aren't too high for gripevine, but we'll have to see what they do.

I think mention of preordering online was brought up earlier here before? The prices were kinda hefty, though.

Edited by PantheonSasuke

new scan.

That's not a scan. It's a photo from a goddamn cell phone camera! Damn them all - preventers of high quality images! Everything Nick Jojola says is a lie!

Anyway, Marta is the Japanese name for the Kingdom of Great Log. The subtitle for DQM2 was Marta's Mysterious Keys.

Yeah, I'm really not sure what to make of any of that.

Actually though Sasuke, I'm ruling out the possibility of any final boss gates at this point. I think the Greatlog Quests are going to replace those battles as postgame content.

I mean, it looks fairly in-depth so far. That's at least 5 bosses based on the artwork.

I agree that if that IS greatlog, something's up. I dunno though, it looks more fortress-like than Island-Like going by the trailer/ those 2 commercials... but then again there is that picture of the town. So I really don't know, haha.

I was watching hte trailer over though and this stuck out to me:

wonderland3.png

It's got the same blueish white coloration as that mysterious area and it looks like roots.

I don't remember so well, but wasn't there some part during the end, like, before or after you made your wish, you went into the very bottom of the tree?

Maybe that's what this strange blue place is, you can see other tree-like structures in those pictures from the magazine too.

new scan.

That's not a scan. It's a photo from a goddamn cell phone camera! Damn them all - preventers of high quality images! Everything Nick Jojola says is a lie!

Anyway, Marta is the Japanese name for the Kingdom of Great Log. The subtitle for DQM2 was Marta's Mysterious Keys.

=(

If it makes you feel any better, the site updated today with some Slime Tank artwork.

It might be old artwork though, haha,

big2_000.jpg

I was watching hte trailer over though and this stuck out to me:

wonderland3.png

Is Terry grabbing his butt?

Don't know it until you've tried it. Feels good.

Of course! If I weren't typing, I'd be doing the same thing right now!

I think he's just turning around :P

Going under the tree is an interesting thought, though. You'd see that area all the time while breeding and hatching monsters in the original, but you only ever went there once, I think, and you weren't even in control. If that is the area, then something might be up with one or more of the trees, maybe GreatLog's? (the tournament holds a lot of importance to the trees, from what I recall) Those ominous silhouettes in that one pic on the scan cellphone snapshot definitely hint to some wrongdoing in the pursuit of this mighty meat. And I hope they don't remove the boss gates. I was kinda hoping they'd have remixes of all the final battle themes if they did them (probably not, but it would be awesome if they did do that). That, and it'd just be cool to have the old post-game in addition to the new one. Would that be a bit of a stretch with system / memory limitations, yo?

And I hope they don't remove the boss gates. I was kinda hoping they'd have remixes of all the final battle themes if they did them (probably not, but it would be awesome if they did do that). That, and it'd just be cool to have the old post-game in addition to the new one. Would that be a bit of a stretch with system / memory limitations, yo?

Like they did in Dragon Quest IX? In the PSX remake, all the Demon Lord bosses (and the Dragonlord) used what became the final boss theme in Joker 2. Now, I like that song, but I'd prefer they repeated what they did in IX. As for the old post-game, I know the 3DS is a very powerful handheld, but having 20+ floor randomized three-dimensional dungeons might be pushing it just a bit. They could have a hub of sorts where you choose the boss you want to face, then you run through a short dungeon that leads you to that boss.

You are now imagining Terry choosing a boss (say Zoma), and this plays.

Edited by Shinryu

You are now imagining Terry choosing a boss (say Zoma), and this plays.

But... there are nine final bosses now, not eight...

Plus all the other guys that aren't really final bosses but other major antagonists / superbosses.

Taiju is big tree, Maruta is log and Kareki is dead tree.

The king of Maruta was indeed a fat old man in the old version, although he did wear less clothes than the king of Taiju even then. His son was also shirtless and wore a crown in the same style as his father's. I always wondered how Ilu/ Tara could survive the heat with that dress of hers (although she would be the only one who would not freeze to death on the ice world).

I hope Kameha does not get a drastic redesign. New clothes would be okay, but I liked him as he was.

Using the Japanese names definitely isn't helping this thread.

:P

Anyway, if they're not using the whole final bosses of old games thing, I hope that doesn't give them an excuse to remove the old overworld music.

=x

LOL, yeah. That is why I came in to post the relationship between those names and the translated ones (to stop thories about what is what or if they are new and all that).

Taiju is big tree, Maruta is log and Kareki is dead tree.

Then... what's Corbi? XP

Did not check the translation page. Could be a mistranslation. Could be the new localization (which, by default, is a mistranslation as long as they keep the current trends).

I'll check later to see what they meant when they used that term.

Already checked the page.

Since "Corbi" does not seem to be a pun that I can recognize (they should be pretty obvious ones, to keep the tradition) I guess it is an error.

They must have seen the Katakana for KA-RE-GI and confused it with KO-RU-BI. I suppose it COULD happen to someone in a hurry to be the first to post the "news" and who only barely knows the syllables (confusing the KA group, and GI with BI).