Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
XyferDragon

Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Yes, I made a topic about it in the General board earlier.

Some details worth mentioning:

- Contains all monsters featured in Dragon Quest Monsters & Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Professional, as well as some all-new monsters.

- New areas and story events will be included in the game.

• Upvote 4

By the time it comes out in North America a 3DS will cost $75.

• Upvote 2

Wow, awesome. I hope we get this too!

• Upvote 1

$75?!

Ech, it better have a lot of bonus content! :3

But I'm excited if it has a possibility of coming to North America.

My kingdom for the layered logo file.

Holy crap.

HOLY. CRAP. I got shivers.

We need to get on Nintendo to localize this. Yes, I know it's not out yet in Japan, and there's no way in hell Nintendo will let a monster catcher come out int he US before a Pokemon game comes out for the 3DS, but if we start now, we might get it someday.

• Upvote 1

$75?!

The console itself will cost $75, not the game. ;)

It probably will get localized, the timing will be about right (~2013 in the US), but I wouldn't expect it before a Pokemon Grey 3D Release.

and there's no way in hell Nintendo will let a monster catcher come out int he US before a Pokemon game comes out for the 3DS

Why not? Nothing's ever going to steal Pokemon's thunder.

$75?!

The console itself will cost $75, not the game. ;)

I was joking. But I hope it costs $75 by then because I have no intention of getting it right now.

I was joking. But I hope it costs $75 by then because I have no intention of getting it right now.

No love for Rocket Slime 3D?

No love for Rocket Slime 3D?

Nah. I didn't even get the first Rocket Slime for DS. It's the only DQ I've never had any interest in. I don't know why.

and there's no way in hell Nintendo will let a monster catcher come out int he US before a Pokemon game comes out for the 3DS

Why not? Nothing's ever going to steal Pokemon's thunder.

From an economic standpoint, it makes little sense for them to bring over direct competition to their cash cow -- you'll note that Pokemon Black and White were released well before DQMJ2 was released in the US. From a marketing standpoint, they would have an incentive to make sure that Pokemon is the first 3DS monster catcher people see.

Not saying it won't happen, I'd just expect the Pokemon 5 Expansion to come first.

If the two games were definitely on a collision course then I'd agree, but we don't know if they will be. DQM3D's "2012" release means we can only take a rough stab at when it might reach the west, and no such Pokemon game has even been announced yet.

There's also a decent chance "Pokemon Grey" will be for the regular DS. We might not see a proper 3DS instalment until the sixth generation, which is some way off.

Hell, if they confirm this for a US Release, I'll buy a 3DS tonight. We won't see confirmation or denial until like 2014 though. And they certainly won't let us get DQM1R until there's a Pokemon game on the 3DS, so... ~welp~.

Unless they make sure to get people who buy Terry to also buy Pokémon. Advertisers (when they do their job right) can make "miracles". They could use this as hype for Pokémon. It all depends on how they handle it.

Nintendo aren't going to care what the first monster-catching RPG for the 3DS is. Assuming they want to bring DQM over, the only way Pokemon can throw a spanner in the works is if a new instalment is set to clash with it. In which case DQM would obviously be delayed (for its own sake).

We may not see a Pokemon 3DS for years. They're not going to skip DQM just because it would mean their own game wasn't the first of its kind on the system. It would make no difference whatsoever.

So it's been about a month since the bombshell hit. Any new info? Screenshots, for example? ;)

• Upvote 4

Template.png
  • Upvote 1

Nada, buuuut...

Nope. Nothing. Nyet. Nai. Nien. Kaputsky.

And didn't DQ Monsters come before Pokemon?

...Or so I was told.

Either ways, DQ deserves a 3DS before Pokemon.

DQM1 was after Pokemon. DQ5, however, was before.

So, technically, DQ called dibs first, but Pokemon was the first to make the human character useless in battle, aside from healing?