Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Ultimate Dragon Quest Superfan Contest: César Hernández-Meraz

Thanks, guys.

Anrui's post and Ruesen's radio interview came closer to the contest's end, but as I said before, I feared your entry, Erik. The way you integrate DQ with your life was very threatening. I wish you could now start sharing all of that online, since it seems a lot of it was kept to yourself (it might even be that which worked against you, and what could have blown my entry away). But I loved your love for DQ. I will still see you as a very worthy rival and someone to look out for in the next contest.

Thanks. The reason some of my stuff isn't public is because it's mostly stuff from other people's websites - so it being private allows me to collect what I want without any hassle. It seemed like a bunch of people liked the DQ Essay idea, putting up their own early experiences with Dragon Quest. One person who I thought totally beat me out was Flute_Warrior. I thought he was going to win - seeing as he was just a big fan, even without the early DQ childhood experiences many of us had.

This was really fun - I hope they have a contest for when Dragon Quest X comes out!

congratulations man!! Your post was amazing!

Congratulations Cesar!!! You deserve it!!!

Impressive work Cesar!!!! I did enjoy your art very much, I hope one day I can be as good as you...... But congrats!

Thanks, everyone.

Logan, you can be waaaaaaaay better. Don't settle for being "as good as me".

Just always keep drawing and enjoying it. And don't forget to find the things you can fix in your art, then fix them. No use whining about imperfections. Those go away with training and dedication, and you can always find more thing to improve.

You inspired me to work on more monster drawing than a mimic (Granted it took me a long time to do so...) A heal slime is one I always wanted to draw, but the tentacles always messed me up.

I always had trouble with those, too.

Why not try a style where each tentacle is a simple line? That would give you more freedom and you should not worry about volume that way.

Sorry if I'm late, Comrade, but congrats!

You truly earned it!

You did waaay better than what I could ever whip up, which I ran out of time to enter.