Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Ultimate Dragon Quest Superfan Contest: César Hernández-Meraz

That's some pretty cool DQ swag! I recently got a 3DS, and noticed Dragon Quest Wars for the first time; that's how long I've been without a DS. Is it possible to play on wi-fi with a specific person using something like friend codes, or will it always be random opponents?

Well well... i really do not recognize you somehow xD this time you look much more like your avatar but sooo not like you in your post before.

I guess Make-Up (And Gel) can really change the appearance he?

Awesome collection Cesar! Even if you said that there are better ones I so far have not seen anything that massive. I bet you bought the multiple copies just yesterday to show off ;) (kidding of course)

Btw (don't take this as racist) I LOVE your accent! While I like to say from myself that i can speak without an accent the germans tend to have a very nasty one In English and so I really appreciate accents like yours that make me want to hit your side with my elbow, give you a thumps up and say "Nice. (*grin*)

Edited by Warez

Flute, I have not really tried the online play. I kind of did when I first got it, but no random battle appeared in a few minutes and I never tried again... I don't remember if there were friend codes.

Warez, I can look different when I wear certain styles or have certain attitudes. For this, I added the make up, but I forgot to behave appropriately, so I think it was kind of weird in the end. It is easier for me to pose for self-taken photographs than to act for a camera.

I still think my collection is not complete without the rest of the soundtracks, more figures and the DQ VII diorama. And I am missing so many books.

I think the camera makes me display a pronounced accent. If I am talking to myself or to someone that may not really understand accents (like an animal, or a small kid, which would be like talking to myself, really) I get the least accent. As I get more nervous, the accent appears more and more. Cameras are what make me more nervous (even more than being in front of people, even if I do not like being with people that much). Improvising is also a bad thing for me...

Also, if I watch too much Skins or Extras or Harry Potter, I may start getting a little more English accent. But if I start watching a lot of X-Men, I will get Rogue's southern (US) accent (that really happened, I tried to imitate it and couldn't, but, after a few days of watching, it appeared even when I did not want it to).

And "kuddle"? Is your German accent showing or should I be blushing?

A certain degree of cuddling would be okay, but I think kuddling would be far too much, and my boyfriend would not approve of it, LOL.

Much more than any accent what showed much more was my sleep deprivation *laughs*

Let me rephrase it as a more suited "... makes me want to hit your side with my elbow, give you a thumps up and say "Nice.""

Chnges in the post have been made. No reason for any envy on any side ^^

yeah my chances at winning are slim, but if I lose I won't mind if it's to you :) (also...like bump mine? It's been ignored for days....)

I see now I have not commented on it. I thought I had, since I had even thought up my reply (all but forgotten now, though).

That is the best part of the way I planned my updates, it gets bumped daily simply by revealing bits of the submission (I learned from Marvel Comics solicitations and some video game sites (like the reveals from Marvel Ultimate Alliance playable characters).

The end is near, and here is the seventh item of my submission: a fan video based on both Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2 and Gilligan's Island. A special one, since it was a team effort. David, my boyfriend, helped me to create it.

that was the DQ invading TV contest one right?

and the board gods just do not want me to stay on top lol

You are definitely serious about your Dragon Quest! I am totally impressed. I did have some problems watching your collection video (the wobbling was making me a bit seasick) but you clearly have an impressive range of goodies. :D Your homage/parody video to a certain TV theme song is awesome! :D

2x update combo!

At less than two days from the closing date, I cannot wait to post updates daily, so here is the eighth item from my submission: fan art for the soon-to-be-released-in-the-USA Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2.

Stay tuned for items #9 and #10, coming soon...

Heheh, it seems we posted at the same time, Anrui.

I am totally a novice when it comes to handling a camera. Too bad it made you seasick, but I'm glad you liked it.

You're a good artist and musically inclined. Sadly, I am not good at either of those things. Liked the Hogan's Island video too.

Thanks, Destructor. That video was a collab with my boyfriend, so it means a lot to me.

And now, the second-to-last item for my submission. Kids gloves are off, and now I will use my best cards, heheheheh.

I present my personal Dragon Quest treasure!

This is one you won't want to miss, True Believer!

Note: All of those pics were taken today, but I wanted to wear a different style for each one.

dude that last piece of evidence kind of makes it look like you want to do more to that slime then just hold it....

No, it doesn't!

My Nintendo does not have the best resolution, that's all, so you can't see my eyes are looking at the camera, not the slime... Style chosen for the slime pics was just standard Facebook profile posing.

Then again, on second thought, the slime does resemble a Hershey's Kiss...

I wanted to save the tenth piece of my submission to the very last minute, but I later thought that was too risky. Being at work at the time of the deadline, there was a chance I would be too busy to update this and then the last piece would not make it. Since I saved the best for last, I simply could not allow that to happen.

So, here it is. The tenth and final piece of evidence I am a Dragon Quest Superfan.

And this is how my submission officially ends. But fear not, there may still be a (non-competing) surprise coming for all of you.

Bonus content has been added.

I will let my submission have some rest now.

I had fun with these updates. I hope you did, too.

Well Cesar I really want you to win first place...I only want the free joker 2 game for my friend anyway, but if not I might do extra yards to get him a copy :)

Thanks, Griffin.

I'm sure he will like the game. If you make a fan out of him, you may not need to get him the games in the future. He will look for them on his own.

Exactly...he should be looking it up around now. He said he wanted a break from pokemon, but wanted something similar....so I swooped in....hopefully I won't have to buy him one this time either ;)

Jesus Christ Cesar! You had to blow away everyone elses chances by showing off your collection of three versions of just about every DQ game ever! Ahaha, but good gosh, that collection must be worth a thousand dollars.

Remember, the collection is only a small part of the entry, and not even the main one. If I were poor, it would be considerably smaller, and that would not make me any less a fan (if I were rich, it would be immense, though).