Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Quest #67 - Promote Dragon Quest on the Web!

If you are an active Dragon Quest promoter on the web, you could be honored with a very cool profile badge, designed by the one and only Flute_Warrior, for your untiring efforts.

web_award_001.png

To qualify for this award, you must participate in promoting Dragon Quest in one or many ways. This may include blogging, Youtube videos, website creation, or by advertising on popular sites like Myspace and Twitter. Show proof of your dedication to reap this reward!

To claim your badge, submit your URL to this topic and a panel of prestigious judges will evaluate the merits of your contribution and decide on whether you should receive this award.

As this is an ongoing quest, there is no currently defined end date and the rules and guidelines may be updated or changed at the discretion of Woodus, Flute_Warrior or King Zenith.

Suggestions:
1) Don't just promote DQ9, there are other great games out there too!
2) You can talk about DQ Merchandise and other goodies
3) If you use a social networking site, add a background or some eye candy so people get a glimpse of what DQ really is. Be creative!

We're looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

Edited by King Zenith
  • Upvote 1

Submissions from Annoucements topic:

here's mine :D

http://twitter.com/#!/jvboytheman --> i post DQ stuff sometimes post via hash tags on DQ like #DQIX, #DragonQuest

http://www.facebook..../#!/jvboytheman --> posted about playing DQ games etc. Current profile pic is DQV hero, haven't changed it since Dec 2? There was this campaign against child violence, so i posted lotsa Cartoon Profile pics and the last one i posted was DQV hero even though he wasn't a cartoon character :D

well, i'm one of the few people at school who eats and breathes DQ :D

got more, gonna post later :D

EDIT: so i created a new Tumblr account, since my old one was rotting AND i forgot the URL and password to that. I know, it had been quite a while since i last visited it...

so, here it is, the new one: http://endlessarmame...ist.tumblr.com/

used my fave accolades btw :P

I just activated my account on this site, but I think I might try my hand at this award!

The site I help moderate called DQ-HQ:

http://superybertv.w...ofile/52595345/

My youtube page, devoted to showing off Dragon Quest vids, not just my pretty face:

http://www.youtube.c...13?feature=mhum

My facebook at Emma Ragazzo (not my true last name, :o ) which is recognizable as I have Maribel riding a fish as my icon. But I pretty much only use my facebook to store a huge collection of Dragon Quest pictures and manga I have found.

• Upvote 1

I think this one should be pinned since it will never really expire, what do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

I think this one should be pinned since it will never really expire, what do you guys think?

Yeah, that's a good idea.

• Upvote 1

Cool. I've directed a few people here at forums, but it's good to know that I can really earn this award later.

Thanks for the award! :)

No problem, your websites looked good to us :)

how about the 68th Contest: make an idea for the 69th contest. the one who either has the craziest or the amazing contest will gain the award and that idea will be for 69th contest.

how about the 68th Contest: make an idea for the 69th contest. the one who either has the craziest or the amazing contest will gain the award and that idea will be for 69th contest.

I happily accept contest ideas from anybody, but a contest to come up with a contest idea? I don't know about that one.

Sounds like a fun idea to me. You could use it if you run out of contest ideas sometime.  :goofyslime:

Hopefully that won't be for a long, long time.

If you are an active Dragon Quest promoter on the web, you could be honored with a very cool profile badge for your untiring efforts.

web_award_001.png

To qualify for this award, you must participate in promoting Dragon Quest in one or many ways. This may include blogging, Youtube videos, website creation, or by advertising on popular sites like Myspace and Twitter. Show proof of your dedication to reap this reward!

To claim your badge, submit your URL to this topic and a panel of prestigious judges will evaluate the merits of your contribution and decide on whether you should receive this award.

As this is an ongoing contest, there is no currently defined end date and the rules and guidelines may be updated or changed at the discretion of Woodus, Flute_Warrior or King Zenith.

Suggestions:

1) Don't just promote DQ9, there are other great games out there too!

2) You can talk about DQ Merchandise and other goodies

3) If you use a social networking site, add a background or some eye candy so people get a glimpse of what DQ really is. Be creative!

We're looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!

I made this website by myself. If anybody could help me out thanks:)

http://dragonq9.webs.com/apps/forums/

In my opinion, this doesn't go far enough. As best I can tell, you just created a free forum with a DQ theme. You're the only member, and there are no topics (and consequently no posts). The redeeming quality about it is that it links to the Dragon's Den.

We would like to re-evaluate after you have had some time to beef it up a bit. This submission seemed a bit premature.

In my opinion, this doesn't go far enough. As best I can tell, you just created a free forum with a DQ theme. You're the only member, and there are no topics (and consequently no posts). The redeeming quality about it is that it links to the Dragon's Den.

We would like to re-evaluate after you have had some time to beef it up a bit. This submission seemed a bit premature.

I know I just started it but I pretty new to webs. If you could give me some ideas maybe that would be helpful. I have some friends who like dragon quest and I will ask them to join.

I know I just started it but I pretty new to webs. If you could give me some ideas maybe that would be helpful. I have some friends who like dragon quest and I will ask them to join.

I don't know much about starting a successful forum. It pretty wouldn't hurt to make some topics of discussion that people can respond to. If you have any way of adding media content (images, videos) that's not a bad way to lure some people in.

From my experience, the biggest attraction to a forum is the other users. That can make it tough to start a new one.

Maybe someone else has some good ideas, but that's pretty much all I got.

;) Do making Let's Play videos count as promoting Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior? If so, here be my Youtube Channel.

Slime Masters Asortment of Let's Plays!

To Slime Master and BoA.execute, your submissions are being evaluated now. We are just waiting for the final input before making the decision.

;) Awesome Stuff, I hope our stuff is good enough :)

;) Awesome Stuff, I hope our stuff is good enough :)

I'm quite sure it is. At this point it's just a formality since we agreed to wait for Woodus' input (and since he is one who inevitably gives you the badge).

Sorry, been away, will check it out here in a bit.

I've completed Let's Plays for Dragon Quest 1, 2, and 3 and have planned for 4, 5, and 6. Http://www.youtube.com/mysticshadow73

I made a big deal of the release date of DQVI on stream during The Speed Gamers' Kingdom Hearts marathon this past December. No proof available since the archives were deleted automatically.

I tweet about Dragon Quest pretty regularly. Http://www.twitter.com/blaumager

I also did a DQ3 tweet-as-you-go adventure http://www.twitter.com/mysticshadow73

And I regularly promote DQ in various communities, be it through DQ related avatars or signatures, posting about DQ news, or just telling people how awesome it is whenever the chance arises.

There was also that contest I held...

Alright, you're submissions are both being evaluated now. Results pending feedback from Woodus and Flute_Warrior.

also i made some youtube vids i will show you:

Edited by beast123