Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZacShack174

How do I get Higher Level Treasure Maps?

I get my maps simply by just doing grotto after grotto killing the boss. It's getting pretty boring when the highest level map I've gotten is like 38. I want good treasure too, Best I get is 600 gold or something. Grottoes are getting really boring with this low level crap. Should I be getting maps somehow else? Or will I get good maps in time with patience?

There's an exact formula in the Dragon Quest 9 section of the main page that will show you how better maps are gotten. But here's the simple version:

The level of the grotto maps you receive is based on the level of your hero (not your other party members, just the main hero) and how many times he/she has revocated. So essentially, if you go into your highest-level grotto while your hero is Level 99, it's a good chance you'll get higher-level maps.

So basically, keep leveling up, and if you can, revocate. Then after revocation, get your levels up again and complete your highest-level map.

That's basically the simple way to tell it. ^^

Big trick is to revocate. Once you start getting to 4-5 revocations your chances for a better map increase quite a bit.

Check out the Grotto Calculator and the Grotto Names Explanations pages for more info.

Ewww lots of grinding...Well if that's the way to get high level maps, guess I have to do it. My main character is only level 57 right now 0.0

Is this a good team for now:

Me: Glad level 57 uber falcon blade

Prie(I know creative):Sage demon spear

Sara: warrior level 34 falcon blade

Kate: range level 30 ice axe

Edited by ZacShack

So I will use myself as an example.

I have a Lv 84 Grotto as the last grotto I completed, my hero is at Lv 99. Using the grotto calculator it would take me 1 revocation to have a chance at an A Rank Grotto, and 4 Revocations for a chance at an S Rank Grotto

0 Revocations

C 44.44%

B 55.55%

1 Revocation

C 30.55%

B 55.55%

A 13.88%

2 Revocations

C 18.42%

B 52.63%

A 28.94%

3 Revocations

C 5.26%

B 52.63%

A 42.10%

4 Revocations

B 45%

A 50%

S 5%

So I will use myself as an example.

I have a Lv 84 Grotto as the last grotto I completed, my hero is at Lv 99. Using the grotto calculator it would take me 1 revocation to have a chance at an A Rank Grotto, and 4 Revocations for a chance at an S Rank Grotto

0 Revocations

C 44.44%

B 55.55%

1 Revocation

C 30.55%

B 55.55%

A 13.88%

2 Revocations

C 18.42%

B 52.63%

A 28.94%

3 Revocations

C 5.26%

B 52.63%

A 42.10%

4 Revocations

B 45%

A 50%

S 5%

Is that how it worked? I always thought that once you revocated, you'd have a chance at S-rank grottoes.

Edited by Duran

You have a chance at S rank grottos... if you complete a level 99 grotto with 1 revocation, IIRC. But otherwise, you'll need more.

I finished a level 25 grotto and got a 44 then I got a 58 with that one! I only did a little grinding so my glad is level 60, thats all, and now I have a really high grotto!

I have just revocated once with my hero. Is it just your hero that needs revocating or is it all of the party? I'm L50+1 with my hero. Can you also continue and post down the percentages with 5 revocations to 10 revocations?

Edited by Chronocrystal

Just the hero's most-revocated class counts for revocations.

You can figure out the %s yourself with the calculator, based on the map you are completing.

I finished a level 25 grotto and got a 44 then I got a 58 with that one! I only did a little grinding so my glad is level 60, thats all, and now I have a really high grotto!
YEah it's a large part luck. I just now found a copper(?!?) grotto that had Darkonium slimes on the first floor. :D I wonder what the 13th floor will have. :mimicgrin: rank 10 chests perchance?

You'll probably have alarmours, flamin' draymans, jem jamborees ect. If you are lucky, you'll get cyber spiders and boa bishops.

You'll probably have alarmours, flamin' draymans, jem jamborees ect. If you are lucky, you'll get cyber spiders and boa bishops.
I'm not sure it's lucky, but I had plenty of those... And Sanguinus as the boss!! O_o' BTW Boa Bishops can use Tidalwave.... that SUCKS.

I would say you're lucky as I only have one grotto with Cyber Spiders and Boa Bishops. And it is a gold grotto. Yours is a Copper.