Dragon's Den Community
Sign in to follow this  
kei-kun

DQIX Map Giveaways

If Destructoid is right, the maps are different for each retailer as listed below:

* July 31: Select GameStops will throw a DQ meet-up, while most stores will offer the "Zoma" map

* August 7: Select Best Buy locations will have the "Estark" map

* August 7 to September 19: Select malls will have the "Malroth" map and hold sampling events for the game

Download free Dragon Quest IX maps at retail stores - Destructoid: http://is.gd/dRnRH

Cool, that would certainly be nice if the maps were different for each event.

Sucks the simon mall event isn't even going to jersey at all, despite our 7 simon malls (probably more). I'll at least be able to get the other two... well best buy definitely, gamestop is still up in the air.

Right they are, because that's from a press release sent out earlier today.

Aren't these maps obtainable without tag mode anyway? I mean, aren't they ones that everyone can get without too much randomness?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the Legacy boss topic which says Zoma, Estark, and Malroth are NOT random drops.

Edited by FlyingRagnar

They kinda disregarded the west coast with the exception of cali. It hurts my heart cause Esturk is my favorite boss of the series.

I think us Canucks are only getting the Gamestop event which is a shame. :(

Aren't these maps obtainable without tag mode anyway? I mean, aren't they ones that everyone can get without too much randomness?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the Legacy boss topic which says Zoma, Estark, and Malroth are NOT random drops.

They aren't random drops, but they are downloadable quest rewards...just won't be available for a while. So, yes, you can get them w/o tags.

could you exchange over wifi?

Sadly, you can't exchange maps via WiFi.

Sadly I wont be able to get the Malroth Map since there isnt a mall around my area hosting the Simon Mall event. Atleast I will get both the Zoma and the Estark Map.

August 7th is not only when Estark is available, but also when Malroth is available at the Emerald Square Mall in MA. Oh, Dear Almighty, how I wish that the South Shore Plaza were an eligible location. That way, I could get TWO Legacy Boss Dungeons in one day. Ah, they'll be made available on DQVC AFTER September!

Edited by YoshiAngemon