#1 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,027 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake
  • Awards:Awards Image

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

I'm kinda cuttin' it close here, eh!?

As I have stated elsewhere, I don't quite see myself as having the GUSTO that the ultimate Dragon Quest superfan would have, but I consider myself a fan of some degree. Whether I'm in range of being ultimate and / or super is something for the judges to decide, yo. Being this is a contest and such. And who knows? Perhaps my inner feelings and outer expressions are masking a passion that burns deep within, something not even my subconscious can recognize. I can't prove any of that, though :P

More so, I think I just want to show that I am a fan despite some of my bellyaching and groaning :P

First, this.

Posted Image

It ain't a piece of evidence, just a scan of the paper I used to mark my stuff. It also shows one of my crummy signatures stating my REAL name (Alex Huber, in case my cursive is too nasty a thing to decipher, yo). This is more for the last piece of evidence I have to present, which I failed to note my username and any relevance to this contest on. D'oh. One of my crummy signatures is on it, though.

I should also point out right now that my camera kinda stinks. I can't really think of any other means of showing my stuff, though, beyond cramming it in the scanner... but that might have bad side-effects on my games and such. I'll completely understand if evidence here gets rejected because of my blurry camera, yo.

Anyway, on to the actual meat of this thing. Evidence #1: Game collection.

Posted Image

The bottom most shot probably does nothing, but I included it all the same, hurrr... but yeah, the games I currently gots. Can't hold a candle to most other collections, of course, but I'm still happy with it. For the main series I own the NES version of the original, the DS versions of IV, V, and VI, VII, VIII, and IX. For the spin-offs I got Rocket Slime, Monsters, Monsters 2 (Tara's), Caravan Heart, and Joker. The original game was, as far as I can recall, my first genuine encounter and playing of the series. A small title, looking back, but a tough RPG all the same. I can still recall the joy I felt upon finally vanquishing the Dragonlord... I also believe my first encounters with chimaeras (or Wyverns, as localization then called them) made me cry with frustration. That didn't deter me from beating it, though. Mind, I don't have any evidence to show I beat it, so I might as well stop milkin' that.

Now, Evidence #2: Figurines.

Posted Image

Killing machine is front and center, of course. Part of me still wants to call that species Roboster, which was the name it got during Enix's second run-through outside Japan, I believe. I never played the original II, but I recall reading they were Attack Bots then. One of my favorite monsters, though. Robots are awesome. Also shown are the bodkin fletcher, bodkin bowyer, healslime (or Healer :P), reckless armour (the colours, duke... was also RogueNite), a Mori Mori stack with a platypunk (or Mommonja) on top, hammerhood (Hammerman), dancing devil, satyr, and one of those lousy riptides that I hate. Whack me, will you...

Before more hate, here's Evidence #3: Dragon Quest IX swag.

Posted Image

And you aren't fading fast, it's just my camera being lame. I gots the poster, stickers, and t-shirt here. The stickers are propped up against my soap and shampoo because I didn't want to take the sweet poster off the wall and risk ripping it, yo. That woulda been uncool. You probably didn't need to know that much, though...

On to Evidence #4 for now, yo: King slime plush.

Posted Image

This poor guy had been crammed into a box much too small to accomodate his girth when he arrived through the network of postal goodness. Wouldn't be surprised if I got a king version of one of those box slimes from the first two Monsters games instead, ahaw haw! He has since then, as far as I can recall, taken residence on my bed. Now, some of you might be thinkin' "That's just another king slime toy, no big deal" but I must say, there's something about my king slime that might put him above the rest. I have no proof, unfortunately, but my king slime here has tasted victory over a mortal man. I chucked him once at a friend and POW, my king slime's bottom socked him right in the face. My pal spent the next few minutes lamenting over my king slime's power-packed attack, fearing he may have even got a nosebleed. I woulda loved to have recorded a confession of this event, but my friend is a busy fellow who helps paint houses presently. But there's no place for such things here, I was merely trying to express one of my king slime's qualities, yo.

Now, for something I hope to be TRULY unique. Evidence #5: a ceramic candle holder from my youth.

Posted Image

In the distant hallows of time, during my proceedings through middle school, I crafted this ceramic candle holder and carved two slimes into it on opposite sides, later colored to be a standard slime and a metal slime (Metaly, if you prefer :P) that probably looks like it got slapped around one too many times. I even tried giving the inside a slimy hue of blue. In retrospect, and this is, like, serious retrospect here, possibly over a decade, I should've made those side openings slime shaped instead of diamonds. But I can't remember too many other of my thought processes from so, so, so long ago. Seeing it now still brings back fond Dragon Quest (or Dragon Warrior, as it was then) memories, like having my own slimy buddies tagging along as I ventured through Traveler's Gates, which I believe are Teleportals now. Still eager to make new memories, of course!

Now, my last piece to provide, Evidence #6: a drawing I made of one of the most awesome additions to the monster roster that IX has provided.

Posted Image

I don't practice coloring as much as I should. I mostly do sketches, but even some simple coloring can be better than black and white scrawl, right? I'm pretty sure Trauminator left me slack-jawed when I first saw it. I mean, seriously, it's like a killing machine on steroids. And it can use Gigaslash. That's gonna smart at lower levels, and I think he's only the 4th grotto boss after Shogum. I hope X brings some more awesome robotic monsters to the table, yo.

Anyway... I do believe that's it for what I have to show. I think I wanted to get this stuff done and up sooner, but Dragon Quest VI kept calling to me. Could that be evidence of my fandom? Being too busy playing the games to participate in a contest to determine being a fan of the games? Again, I got no proof for such a thing, though, so I might as well zip my lip :P

This contest entry contains 100% of your daily requirement of bag-o'-laughs.

#2 Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

• Shard-hearted Savior

• 5,752 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4942-6534-8036
  • Interests:Marvel Comics

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Awesome!

I love the miniatures and the king slime (even before you told us of its victory).

The candle holder is such a nice piece, too.

And the illustration looks as if it is about to start moving.

You will love the new robots from Joker 2, by the way.

Posted Image
I am the Icecypher!
DQM-J2: 4942-6534-8036

Blog @ Blogspot
An it harm none, do what thou wilt.
Gallery @ LiveJournal || Gallery @ deviantART
The Pathfinder will show the Way.

Play-Asia!

The David Cabello Blog.
Read it now in Spanish.

#3 defno

• Savvy Seafarer

• 99 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Loved the Kingslime story
and pretty cool drawing man, its's pretty impressive!

Posted Image

#4 PantheonSasuke

• Metal Master

• 1,027 posts
  • DQM:J2 FC:4169-7228-4456
  • Interests:Cheesecake

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the kind words, dudes.

And while I am still mostly unawares of Joker 2's line-up, I did see a rather large machine in that one trailer. Really looking forward to that game, yo.

#5 Hardfunk

• Savvy Seafarer

• 62 posts
  • Interests:Gamming
    Psycology
    Drawing
  • Tag City:Chicago
  • Tag State:Illinois
  • Tag Zip:60632

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

Nice looking Trauminator. He's one of my favorites too. Thats a great story with that King Slime!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users